Monday, February 11, 2008

3rd Day, in Guerrero Negro

Dan: We tried to create a blog, it got lost. This will be fast, we want to push off for San Ignacio whale watching. Everything green, green, desert floor covered with flowers. Small world, Steve knows Ernie.

Scott: The highway has been better than we expected based on Dan's initial description. The terrain has been spectacular since we left Ensenada. Today's terrain was like that in northern New Mexico but with a forest of various species of cacti. We haven't desired headphones, as far as I know. We're just the tres amigos having a good time. I miss you Nancy, Zachary, and Mikael.

Steve. Our first night in Catavina was at a nice hotel Desert Inn aka La Pinta. Our arrival was just in time as it was getting dark and the cows were starting to enter the highway for the warmth and to graze by the side of the road. The Mission Style architecture was enhanced by nice rooms, cool pool. Our Suite style room fortunately had two rooms and 3 beds good for a nights sleep with Steve in the maids rooms.

2 comments:

Ligaya said...

Hello Tres Amigos!

After I got off the phone with Steve, I just heard on the news that there was an earthquake in Baja, around 4.9 that caused some gas leaks and school being closed? Since Steve did not mention this at all, I guess you didn't feel this or nignore it being from California? Oh well, I hope you all are having a great time! Have a margarita for me--Love and Cheers! Ligaya

Anonymous said...

Hello,

It sounds fun! Be safe and have a marvelous experience!

Nancy and Zach